Way of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aŋŋiaġruk Sage: Top 15 ways to tell it's a Native birthday party...

Go down

Aŋŋiaġruk Sage: Top 15 ways to tell it's a Native birthday party... Empty Aŋŋiaġruk Sage: Top 15 ways to tell it's a Native birthday party...

Post  Rainey Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Top 15 ways to tell it's a Native birthday party.

1. The party is Saturday, and you get a call from the hostess Friday saying," I'm having a birthday party tomorrow at 3pm."

2. Some of the guests didn't bring a gift - but brought kids you've never seen before.

3. The party is separated into women cooking, men joking, and kids playing.

4. It's a child's party, but there are more grown ups than children.

5. The host calls someone who's on their way and tells them to stop and get some more pop.

6. The party was supposed to be over at 5pm, but its 7:30pm and the party is just starting.

7. It's a 1st birthday and the party food is maktak, tuttu soup ,a big pot of spaghetti, turkey and all the trimmings.

8. You are told you have to save your plate and fork you ate your food with, so you can eat your cake.

9. The cake didn't come from the store; it came from the mother of the friend of your best friend's sister who makes really good cakes.

10. You hear someone go up to the birthday child and say, "Hey cuzzin. I'm going to have to get you something next week when I get paid okay."

11. Some guests bring gifts not wrapped, that are still in the AC bag.

12. Your aunt asks if she can have the gift boxes since you're just going to throw them away anyway.

13. Guests automatically wrap up a plate of food and cake to take home.

14. The next weekend it's some else's birthday (hoooo- we just keep having babies).

15. The last car that leaves back fires and the dog next door barks.
Rainey
Rainey
Admin

http://www.salmonberrydreams.etsy.com

Back to top Go down