Way of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even)

2 posters

Go down

Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even) Empty Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even)

Post  Rainey Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 am

I think mongolian beef is probably the most popular asian food besides fried rice amongst villagers. I know I crave it once in a while! So I went ahead and made up a recipe. It turns out AWESOME.

I cut a bunch of meat into thin strips. I gauge it by how big my largest frying pan is. You don't want to over fill it. I then filled a gallon sized ziploc bag with about two cups flour, and a ton of pepper (to taste). Throw the meat into the bag and SHAKE till all the pieces are evenly coated. I fill the frying pan with about 1/2 inch worth of oil and heat till it bubbles when you add the meat. Carefully place all the flour covered meat in the oil piece by piece, don't just dump the meat it. Cook till brown. I drain as much oil as I can after that. I then add about half an onion cut into strips, 5 tblspoons or more of soy sauce, some hot chili sauce, some crushed red peppers (optional), teriyaki sauce if available, and about 3 table spoons or more of brown sugar, and cook till onions are clear. Serve over rice!

Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even) IMG_9660

Last edited by Rainey on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainey
Rainey
Admin

http://www.salmonberrydreams.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even) Empty Re: Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even)

Post  Finnskimo Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 am

YUM! My husband is reading over my shoulder...his mouth is watering! haha. He says, "we're making that tomorrow!"

Finnskimo

Back to top Go down

Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even) Empty Re: Mongolian Moose... (or caribou even)

Post  Rainey Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 am

You can also add a dash of sesame oil, some chopped green onions, some carrots or bamboo shoots....anything really! Just don't overcook cause it's real easy to do!
Rainey
Rainey
Admin

http://www.salmonberrydreams.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down