Way of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple cranberry crumb pie.

Go down

Apple cranberry crumb pie. Empty Apple cranberry crumb pie.

Post  Rainey Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 am

I grew up on apple pies made from scratch. Cranberries taste AWESOME with the apples. This is my favorite recipe so far! This recipe is for a "deep" dish apple pie pan so adjust as needed.

Preheat oven to 375. I buy the packaged pie crusts already mixed and rolled. (you can also make them from scratch if anyone needs that recipe let me know) You will need one crust for the bottom of the pie. Peel, core and thinly slice about 5 good sized red delicious apples (you can use any type of apple if you want). Place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tblespoons cinnamon (or to taste), a splash of lemon juice (optional), the juice from one orange, , a few splashes of vanilla extract, 1 cup of cranberries and a couple of tablespoons of flour. Toss till apples are coated evenly. place crust in pie pan and cut excess crust. Pour apple mixture into pan. In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Mix in about 3 tblspoons of butter till it's crumbly and well mixed. Take a few chunks of butter and dot the apples in pan on top, sprinkle the sugar and butter mixture on top of that. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until apples are soft. You will need to place tin foil underneath the pie or place a cookie sheet under because it might overflow.

I serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream yum!
Rainey
Rainey
Admin

http://www.salmonberrydreams.etsy.com

Back to top Go down