Way of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salmopberry Pie - non creamy version

Go down

Salmopberry Pie - non creamy version Empty Salmopberry Pie - non creamy version

Post  Rainey Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 am

I got this recipe from the foodnetwork peeps. I change a few things but it turns out AWESOME.

I use ready made crust but you can make your own from scratch.

Heat oven to 350. Roll crust mix to about 1/4-inch. Place in a 9-inch pie dish and crimp the edges. Bake at 350-degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.

To make the Salmonberry filling: Crush 2 cups of the Salmonberries through a sieve. This will take some time but it is essential to remove all of the seeds. Add water to Salmonberry juice to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Put the juice and water into a pan. Add 2/3 cup sugar and a couple pinches of salt.

Mix 4 tablespoons cornstarch with some of the juice, then add it to the sieved berry mixture. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly for about 5 to10 minutes. Do not scorch. Remove from heat and let cool. Add remaining berries, stir and pour into the pre-baked shell. Chill pie until completely cold.

You can also use a grahm cracker crust. I usually ad a tiny bit of lemon or orange juice to the salmonberry mix if I have it. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Rainey
Rainey
Admin

http://www.salmonberrydreams.etsy.com

Back to top Go down